Scale Range: 012 - 022
To work as part of the IT Unit providing 1st & 2nd line support to staff and students. Responsible for performing incident and problem management, ensuring the IT team provide a responsive, friendly, customer and solution focused IT support service to staff and students. The post holder must be technically confident in providing hardware and software support, possess excellent customer service, communication, time management and organisational skills, have a ‘can do’ approach, with a determination to succeed and see problems through to a solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for providing IT Service Management, which includes the support, maintenance, installation and configuration of ICT hardware and software across College sites (travel required), in line with Departmental Service Levels and Change Management processes.
- To work on the IT Helpdesk as part of a weekly rota to provide 1st/2nd line customer support and incident management.
- Liaise with 3rd Party suppliers to ensure services and hardware repairs meet customer expectations.
- Perform support and installation of the College telephone system, mobile phones and devices.
- To assist the Infrastructure team with the maintenance of College hardware, software and network systems.
- To set up College computer resources at required locations and times.
- To ensure efficient and safe working of all relevant College resources.
- To ensure that all documentation is maintained in accordance with the College’s financial and administration systems.
- To take ownership of allocated IT incidents and progress them to a satisfactory conclusion, keeping customers regularly informed of progress.
- Operational security, maintenance, asset tagging and disposal of the College IT hardware resources; in line with departmental policies and procedures.
- To assist staff in the use of equipment and software.
- Look to continuously improve the IT delivery service.
- Be a supportive and cooperative team member.
- To carry out such other relevant and appropriate duties which may from time to time be specified.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post grade as may be requested by the IT Helpdesk Supervisor, IT Infrastructure Engineers or IT Manager.
Important additional information:
- No supervisory responsibility but may provide guidance to trainees in the unit and to other staff in the department where they do not have the required specialist knowledge.
- Report to the IT Helpdesk Supervisor who provides guidance on non routine matters. The post holder will deal with routine matters without reference to the Supervisor.
Responsibility for Assets:
- Contributes to the security and accurate recording of all College assets.
Contacts (Internal and External):
- Staff and students of the College.
- External equipment suppliers and their representatives and other visitors.
The basic holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 statutory days of which up to 5 days can be directed by management. The holiday year is from September to August.
Health & Safety:
To maintain a positive attitude to health & safety in carrying out personal responsibilities and to co-operate with the health & safety/local rules/codes of practice relating to health & safety matters.
Equality & Diversity
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. In addition they will also state that the College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to an Enhanced CRB check and barred person’s list check.
Advisory notes:The information given within this job description is intended to provide a general understanding of and appreciation about the role within the Calderdale College setting. The job description is not designed to detail specific daily duties which the postholder may undertake.