IT Helpdesk Supervisor
IT Helpdesk Supervisor
Scale Range: £22,575 - £26,956
To work as part of the IT Unit to lead and manage the IT Technicians, be responsible for the College IT Helpdesk and provide 1st & 2nd line support to staff and students. Responsible for incident and problem management, ensuring the IT team provide a responsive, friendly, customer and solution focused IT support service to staff and students. The post holder must be technically confident in providing hardware and software support in order to lead by example and must possess excellent customer service, communication, time management and organisational skills, have a ‘can do’ approach, with a determination to succeed and see problems through to a solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead and manage the IT Technicans.
- Manage the College IT Helpdesk and be responsible for incident and problem management within the IT team, ensuring the customer is kept informed throughout the incident/problem lifecycle.
- Provide a responsive, customer and solutions focussed 1st & 2nd line IT support service to staff and students.
- Create, maintain and disseminate IT documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Responsible for monitoring agreed KPIs around the helpdesk service delivery, such as resolution times, volume and performing trend analysis.
- To take responsibility for managing the installation, configuration and maintenance of ICT hardware and software across College sites (travel required) in line with Departmental Service Levels and Change Management processes.
- To liaise with 3rd Party suppliers to ensure services and repairs of hardware meets customer expectations.
- Manage the support and installation of the College telephone system, mobile phones and devices.
- To assist the infrastructure team with the maintenance of College hardware, software and network systems as directed by the IT Manager.
- To ensure that the IT Technicians set up College computer resources to the required standards and on time.
- To ensure efficient and safe working of all relevant College resources.
- To ensure that all documentation is maintained in accordance with the College’s financial and administration systems.
- Be a supportive and cooperative team member.
- Train and mentor the IT Technicians and apprentices.
- Deputise for the IT Manager as required.
- Operational security, maintenance, asset tagging and disposal of the College IT hardware resources; in line with departmental policies and procedures.
- To assist staff in the use of equipment and software.
- Continuous improvement to IT service delivery.
- To attend regular IT support team meetings, providing a forum for discussion and information exchange.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post grade as may be requested by the IT Infrastructure team, IT Manager or Head of IT.
- Note that the post holder will be expected to complete qualitifaction for Leadership and Management or customer services if not already in possession of such. The costs of this will be fully met by the College for the appropriate candidate.
Important additional information:
- Supervisory responsibility for three IT Technicians. Note that the post holder may also provide guidance to trainees in the unit and to other staff in the department where they do not have the required specialist knowledge.
- Responsible to the IT Manager who provides guidance on non routine matters. The post holder will deal with routine matters without reference to the Manager.
Responsibility for Assets:
- Contributes to the security and accurate recording of all College assets.
Contacts (Internal and External):
- Staff and students of the College.
- External equipment suppliers and their representatives and other visitors.
The basic holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 statutory days of which up to 5 days can be directed by management. The holiday year is from September to August.
Health & Safety:
To maintain a positive attitude to health & safety in carrying out personal responsibilities and to co-operate with the health & safety/local rules/codes of practice relating to health & safety matters.
Equality & Diversity
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. In addition they will also state that the College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to an Enhanced CRB check and barred person’s list check.
Advisory notes: The information given within this job description is intended to provide a general understanding of and appreciation about the role within the Calderdale College setting. The job description is not designed to detail specific daily duties which the postholder may undertake.
Apply for IT Helpdesk Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly