Post Title: IT Manager
Salary: £35,171 to £39,586
To manage the IT Support Unit, College ICT infrastructure and provide support to internal customers. Ensure the smooth on-time delivery of IT projects, responsible for Incident, Problem and Change Management, working to ITIL best practice while providing a customer focussed IT service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the IT Support Unit, including work scheduling, one-to-one’s, performance management, team meetings
- Responsible for Incident, Problem & Change management
- Manage IT projects using best practice
- Responsible for the IT Budgets and supporting the Head of IT to deliver the College Technology Strategy
- Contribute to the management, support and maintenance of the College ICT infrastructure – Windows Server, VMWare, Exchange, SAN’s, resilient networks, VPN’s, Security, Backups & DR and Telephony. SQL Server experience is desirable.
- Provide a customer focussed IT service
- Desktop systems deployed to time and quality
- To assist staff in the use of equipment and software.
- Implement and document processes, procedures and system configurations associated with IT service delivery
- Supervising the IT Team on technical support and IT projects
- Manage change to IT infrastructure using best practice; while maintaining system availability
- Travel between College locations may be required
Line Management Responsibility:
- IT Support Team
- Head of IT
Contacts (Internal and External):
- Liaise with external schools, College employees, employers, managing agents, awarding bodies and other relevant stakeholders
- Staff within the Faculty and other Faculties as necessary
- The College central units
The basic holiday entitlement is 25 days and 8 statutory days of which up to 5 days can be directed by management. The holiday year is from September to August.
Health & Safety
The post holder is required to maintain and promote a positive attitude to health and safety and to comply with and ensure compliance with health and safety codes of practice for the safety and wellbeing of learners and staff.
Equality & Diversity
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and any post involving regulated activity will also be subject to a barred list check.
The information given within this job description is intended to provide a general understanding of and appreciation about the role within the Calderdale College setting. The job description is not designed to detail specific daily duties, which the postholder may undertake. The job description is reviewed annually within the appraisal process and may be subject to change following discussion.
Apply for IT Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly