Based in Peterborough, I am seeking a Business Accountant to assist in the preparation of the management accounts for an expanding client base, working in a small professional team. My client supports career growth, good work life balance and encourages a social and learning environment. You will have completed your AAT or have suitable experience in a similar role. Although experience within Practice is desirable, it is not essential. There is progression available, through further study or by title.
- The preparation of management accounts
- Work on a wide range of statutory accounts and bookkeeping assignments
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and time is fully utilised
- VAT returns
- Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Sage Line 50 and other accounting software.
- AAT level 4 qualified or qualified by experience
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
- Strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge and skill
- Proven experience and knowledge of preparing VAT returns
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational/time management skills
- Communication - demonstrable written, verbal and active listening skills