Registered Manager - Residential Children's Home
Our client is an independent provider of Children Residential Services and are currently recruiting for a Registered Managers to lead and manage the residential childcare team and oversee delivery of care plans, risk assessments and behavioural management plans for young people. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships and community engagement.
As a Children's Home Registered Manager you will have overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Home in line with the policies and procedures, Ofsted requirements and Local Authorities' expectations. You will also be expected to take on call responsibilities when required.
The manager will be required to work with 4 young people with emotional behavioural difficulties (EBD); recruiting and retaining a staff team.
- Location: Enfield
- Minimum qualification: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or a Social Work degree.
- Minimum 3 years experience within a children residential setting within the last 5 years.
- At least 2 years experience of supervising and managing professional staff.
- There is a requirement to undertake two nights a month.
- Current or previous registration with Ofsted is essential
- Drivers Licence.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up-to-date knowledge of Childcare legislation, Ofsted regulations and Quality Standards and Children's Homes Regulations 2015
- To ensure that the home meets the standards and expectations of its Statement of Purpose; and promote safeguarding and welfare of residents
- Extensive experience of working with children with challenging and emotional behaviour in a residential care setting
- Experience in a residential setting, including staff recruitment, supervision and development
- Experience of budget management and change management
- To establish and maintain an excellent, motivated and competent team of staff and support them at all levels
- Commercial awareness in a child centred business
- Motivation, flexibility and sense of responsibility
- A strong "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills and IT literacy.
We will only consider applicants with strong, verifiable track record within children's residential home only. i. Applicants that been inspected by Ofsted in a similar capacity and have the report for reference.
Full job description and person specification available on request.
*Dependent on qualification and experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!