Communications and Marketing Assistant
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Assistant
Salary: Circa £18,000
Position: Full Time, 2 year contract
Overview of the Company:
The Company is the UK's Chartered body for the science and profession of occupational hygiene and a leading voice for worker health protection. Occupational hygiene is the scientific discipline that protects people against the wide range of health risks that can arise from exposures to hazardous substances or conditions at work. The organisation's vision is simple: a healthy working environment for everyone. Through supporting their members and releasing their volunteering passion, they aim to make a real difference to the protection of worker health.
The organisation is an SME with 20 staff and 1700 members. They are a Royal Charter Company and registered charity engaged at both national and international level; influencing policy, raising awareness, publishing research, supporting their members, and championing education and standards. Following significant growth and modernisation in recent years they have now embarked on an ambitious new 5 year strategy. A significant part of the strategy is the Breathe Freely campaign, which aims to raise awareness about occupational lung disease, as well as the launch of a new Faculty.
They are seeking a dynamic and capable Communications and Marketing Assistant to support the Head of Communications and Marketing on the successful implementation of the department's activities.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the Communications and Marketing Assistant role is to support the Head of Communications and Marketing in the implementation of the Breathe Freely campaign and the day-to-day running of the marketing department.
This is an exciting entry-level role that will give you the opportunity to be involved in inspiring projects that will allow you to gain invaluable knowledge and experience in communications and marketing.
What they expect of you:
You will display a passion for marketing and communications and a drive to succeed in the field. You will have an enthusiastic can-do attitude that is complemented by great attention to detail, strong IT skills, and good organisational and communication skills. Beyond that, they are seeking enthusiasm and determination to learn new tasks and get stuck into activities quickly and accurately.
This is an exciting and demanding role, requiring commitment and application. Your people and relationship skills will be important in interacting across and beyond the organisation with a wide range of stakeholders.
What you can expect of the company:
- A flexible, supportive and friendly working environment
- The chance to contribute towards making a real difference to the lives of people at work
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension, life assurance and healthcare
- On the job support and training, with the opportunity be involved in a variety of activities and learn new systems, and so improve your skills and develop your career
What will you do?
- Assist in the successful implementation of the organisation's campaigns.
- Write content for different channels.
- Liaise with designers and printers for the production of materials.
- Create content for the organisation's social media channels.
- Maintain and update website content and liaise with graphic designers when necessary.
- Assist in the planning of public events.
- Assist in the reporting of marketing activities.
- Respond to general enquiries via website, email and phone.
- To support the Communications and Marketing team with additional activities and administrative tasks for the successful running of the department.
- To undertake any other duties required by the Society, for which you are skilled and able to undertake to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Strong desire to lead a career in communications and/or marketing
- Educated to 'A' level or higher
- Creative flair with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised and able to manage conflicting deadlines
- A natural team player with strong relationship building skills
- Strong software skills including Windows and Microsoft Office products
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter. After applying, you will receive an email with the full Job Description, which is also available on the organisation's website.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Officer, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Co-ordinator, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Manager, Marketing Retention, Communications, Communications Officer Communications and Marketing Assistant will also be considered for this role.