Cleaner/Porter (various hours)
Salary: Starting from £15,658, rising to £16,289 pro rata
Closing Date: Thursday 22 March 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As one of the world’s leading universities, all of us at the University of Bath recognise that a good quality cleaning and porter service is highly important. This is about more than just making sure that the cleanliness of our buildings reflects the quality of our institution. You will play a role in keeping our organisation running smoothly.
We will rely on you to provide a customer-focused service to students, staff and visitors. You will help to make their experience of our university an excellent one. The recent expansion of our buildings means that your role has never been more important. So we expect you to be enthusiastic, reliable, through and methodical.
As a member of our dedicated team, you will carry out a range of cleaning duties. You will also be responsible for basic office maintenance. A commitment to security is vital, as you will be given authority to lock and unlock various rooms and premises. In all you do, you will demonstrate high standards and an awareness of health and safety.
We will provide great training plus a uniform, protective footwear and additional protective clothing.
You will also enjoy a range of fantastic benefits working with us, including:
- 23 pro rata holiday days per year
- On-site parking.
- A competitive rate of pay
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to a 36.5 hour week and no split shifts
- Access to our world-class sports village
- The chance to develop, with many training courses
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and childcare vouchers.
When you apply, we will ask you to choose from a variety of hours:
- Evening (9 hours) 5.30pm – 8.30pm, Monday to Wednesday
- Early Morning (20 hours) 5.00am - 9.00am, Monday to Friday
- Part Time (25 hours) 5.00am - 10.00am, Monday to Friday