Customer Engineer / Field Service Engineer / IT Field Support
Job Title: Customer Engineer - Field Service
Location: South East, UK, Southern M25 Catchment
Salary: From £25,000 per annum depending on experience Plus allowances
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Job Role:
On a day to day basis the Customer Engineer will demonstrate a wide range of technical experience and troubleshooting skills in all areas of server hardware resolving calls within strict SLAs.
The successful candidate will need to possess confident communication skills as the role will involve dealing with a variety of customer fault calls where the supported devices are diverse and varied.
- Installation and maintenance of Server hardware including diagnostic utilities, HP Smart Start, Dell Open Manage and Array Manager utilities
- On-site and remote support of customer faults,
- Site visits to assess and swap non-functional equipment
- 1st to 3rd line technical support to assist the Service Desk and other engineers on technical calls and part numbers.
- Provide analysis, solution specification based on customer requirements
- Provide customer familiarisation and handover training
- Work as part of the 1 in 4, 24/7 Regional Standby Rota as required by the Service Delivery Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing Server, Storage and Tape solutions within a field service team
- At a minimum you should hold a CompTIA Server + certification
- In depth Hardware knowledge of one or more technical areas:
- HP ProLiant G1 - G9
- HP C Class Blades and Chassis, HP MSA/EVA
- Dell PowerEdge, Dell Storage
- Dell EqualLogic / MD1000-3000 / Compellent Storage
- IBM X Series, IBM I series / P series /storage servers
- You should have a good general Server hardware knowledge
- Experience of repairing a multitude of printers
- Extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken/ written English
- A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations
- Good customer facing experience
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and hold a full UK Driving License
- Have a full 5-year checkable history to enable security clearances to be obtained before being placed on site
The following criteria, whilst not essential would be beneficial
- Ideally, you should have a good general Server hardware knowledge
- Familiarisation with a variety of manufacturer's Server and Storage solutions would be beneficial
- 23 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays
- Company Car and fuel card allowance
- Private Health Care Scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Health assured employee assistance programme
About the Company
Ranked among the UK's top 50 IT companies, the Company is a leading IT services and solutions provider offering end-to-end IT solutions for commercial and public sector organisations.
The Company has gained a reputation for providing a consistently high quality service that has delivered long-term strategic relationships with both customers and suppliers.
They're a family owned business and they pride themselves on the relationships with their employees, with over 40% of their team having been with the company for over 10 years and, as a people business, the experience, ability and passion of their employees is critical to the on-going success.
Due to the high number of applications they are receiving, they are unable to respond to every application individually. If you do not hear from them within 14 days please assume that your application has not been successful. They may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Support Engineer, Field Service Engineer, IT Support Technician, Field Support, IT Support, Customer Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Engineer, IT Solutions Support, IT Services Support, IT Helpdesk Support, Windows 2007, Windows 2008, Windows 2010, IT Technician, Service Desk Engineer, IT Field Service Engineer, SC / NPPV3, Server Hardware Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Customer Engineer / Field Service Engineer / IT Field Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly