Senior Project Technician - Video
London Audio Visual Ltd is expanding!
We are a leading Audio Visual Rental supplier to major Event & Production Companies, Event Planners and a host of exclusive venues throughout the Capital. Due to the planned expansion of our Video department and the growing demand for LED and visual products mainly from within the Exhibition sector, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project technician, specialising in video, to join our dynamic team.
You'll find our team is friendly and effective - a strong, hardworking group where everyone is valued and most importantly where we all enjoy what we do!
The successful candidate will have the support and space to build a secure career within our growing Company.
- To rig, set-up, operate and de-rig a wide range of specialist video & LED screens and associated products along with other related AV products.
- Set up and operate multi- screen projection and video screen systems.
- Manage and lead a team of AV/ event technicians , crew and sub-contractors during in-house preparation , build -up , use and de-rig of events , thus ensuring an efficient and safe event that is delivered on time and within budgeted hours.
- To undertake and oversee the pre-production and preparation of equipment for an event.
- To provide technical solution design, assisting the sales team with support, specifications and costings for client's events.
- Where required represent the Company on site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist with daily liaison between company departments , sales, operations teams and warehouse regarding crewing and AV equipment requirements.
- To provide on-site technical support where required.
- Delivering and collecting equipment from various venue sites and suppliers.
- Assist with the project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team.
- Ensure that all audio visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner. Liaising with clients on finer details such as equipment placement , control areas etc
- Assist and advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician.
- Assist in maintaining quality control i.e. - monitoring condition of equipment , reporting any faults etc.
- Providing all required post event reports and analysis.
- Assisting with the preparation of H&S documentation.
- Assist with any training of technical staff on the use and operation of new equipment & technologies.
- To operate in compliance with the Companies Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times
As this is a senior position within our technical team we are looking for someone with solid background within the AV and Events industry.
The successful candidate will be someone who;-
- Is presentable , polite. well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment.
- Understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours and working under pressure to strict timelines.
- Is fluent in English - both spoken and written.
- Has at least 3 years experience as a Video technician.
- Has a full, clean UK drivers license with a good knowledge of London and the transport system.
- Is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career in the AV Industry.
You will have experience in the following technologies ..
- Vision mixers / switchers - Roland , Analogway , Barco etc
- Video Wall processors - eg Novastar , Datapath X4 / FX4 , etc
- Video Displays - Large Format Displays ( LFD's), Projectors ( Panasonic, Christie , Barco etc) LCD Video walls , LED Video walls ( Absen , Unilumen , DigiLED, etc)
- Video Signals and distribution - HD-SDI , HDMI over Cat5 , Scan converters , EDID , etc
- Software ; Powerpoint , Keynote , Qlab , Playback Pro , etc
- Audio ;- PA systems , Wireless mics , Digital & analog audio mixers
- Lighting - basic knowledge of DMX and lighting control
Experience in any of the following would also be beneficial ???
- Software ;- Adobe Creative Suite ( Premiere , After Effects , Photoshop etc)
- Video Cameras - Sony , Panasonic etc
- Some experience in rigging and power distribution.
London Audio Visual ltd is a creative and progressive company. Based in central London, we offer a bright and positive working environment with varied and challenging workloads.
Our team is talented, professional and friendly with a shared passion for commitment to being the most trusted and valued partner to every client we serve.
We offer great career development opportunities that are unparalleled in the industry and competitive salary packages.
It's the experience, talent, ideas and passion of our employees that make us successful!