Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients, and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and fast paced environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading
Reporting into the Head of Systems, this technical role will play an integral part in ensuring the stability and efficient operation of our client's IT environment and requirements. You will have the opportunity to undertake complex technical work on infrastructure and systems on a BAU basis, as well as being involved with the implementation of new projects and technologies.
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for dealing with day to day 1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd line queries. You will be assisting the departmental manager on all new projects involving implementation / software / hardware across the Agilisys group of companies.
This role undertakes significant and complex technical work on ICT infrastructure and systems in support of operational requirements as well as in the implementation of new projects and technologies including: design, develop, test and deploy new technologies, ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Communicate with user by phone, email and SSP
- Customer care, by taking ownership of incidents, changes, problems & service requests
- Contribute to IT service improvement
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
- Ensure constant availability of technical resources
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Project management for system migrations and new system implementations.
- Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems
- Participate in CAB meetings and in the overall change management process
- Able to provide out of hours service
- Ensuring that routine maintenance and processes are reviewed, maintained and complete
- Manage and troubleshoot Exchange , BES, Enterprise Vault and their associated software
- Support Windows 2008 and 2012 operating systems
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and operating systems
- Prioritise and respond to Service Desk Incidents, Service Requests and Changes
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping and processes
- Recommend and execute modifications to the systems environments in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Assess the need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required
Skills and Experience
- Be aware of Service Level targets and monitor performance against them.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Knowledgebase by updating existing articles and contributing new documentation where appropriate.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of Active directory
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 & 2013 including DAG
- Good knowledge of Windows 2008 and 2012 operating systems
- Working knowledge of Citrix Xenapp
- Knowledge of Office 365 & SharePoint
- Good knowledge of AV solutions
- Good knowledge of monitoring solutions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Good working knowledge of up to date desktop and server applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of forward and reverse proxy solutions.
- Good knowledge of network protocols
- Identify and document potential service improvements with Service Desk, in accordance with ITIL best practise.
Benefits of working for Agilisys
- Working within an agile and collaborative environment
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys "Perks at Work"