Shift Engineer

House of Commons
02 Mar 2018
16 Mar 2018
Contract Type
Full Time
Job Title: Shift Engineer

Salary: GBP29,000 per annum
Salary Band: CPTO
Contract Type: Permanent

Number of Posts:2

Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time

Closing date: midnight 14 March 2018

The Role

We have a unique opportunity, working within the Houses of Parliament- (House of Commons) Westminster, Central London as a Shift Engineer.

The Parliament buildings and complex is, a historical and iconic heritage building lying at the heart of the UK's Government. Within the Palace of Westminster and House of Commons, 2500 staff work behind the scene's to keep the democratic process running at all times.

As a shift Engineer it will be your role of ensuring all building services within the Palace of Westminster are operated within the required parameters, maintaining acceptable environmental conditions via use of the Trend BMS system and physical inspections. You will supervise the shift craft staff, helping the team leader to ensure they are employed at all times either on reactive works, planned maintenance works or condition inspections. Checking on completion, quality of work and productivity.

The Person

The successful candidate will have experience in the operation and maintenance of a wide range of building services including electrical, mechanical and steam raising equipment and plant. Experience of Building Management Systems (BMS) and the ability to interrogate and analyse data. Must be a competent user of Help Desks systems and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. The ability to work well under pressure both individually and within a team and to prioritize the available resources during normal and emergency conditions. It is also essential that you have completed relevant mechanical and electrical trade apprenticeship and have gained building service qualification.


Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata

Civil Service Pension scheme

Interest-free season ticket loan

Child care voucher scheme

Discounted membership of the in-house gym

All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form

More searches like this