Paid Volunteer, Companion, & Befriender
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Companion, & Befriender? Are you interested in part-time hours in the Northampton area of Northamptonshire, and are you a car driver?
We are looking for people who live in the NN1, NN2, NN3, NN4, NN5 and NN6 areas who want to make a positive difference to the life of an older person. If you want a truly rewarding job where no two days are the same, then this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and personal care to private clients so they can keep living in their own homes. They have recently been awarded “Outstanding” by CQC, which is an amazing achievement!
What about the job itself?
You’ll be hand matched to one of our clients, based on your interests and life beliefs so that you’ll be helping someone you can really connect with. You’ll be:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Assisting with washing and dressing.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups.
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
Being a Paid Volunteer, Companion, & Befriender, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
There are some fantastic benefits too, including:
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.55 - £9.10 per hour + mileage allowance
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full-time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer, Companion & Befriender?
- Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
- You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
- You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
- You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, or brushing their hair.
- You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
If this sounds like the job for you, then please click “apply.”
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
Apply for Paid Volunteer, Companion, & Befriender
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly