Operations Director Bars & Events
- Operations Director Bars & Events for a Growing Event Business in Gloucestershire
- Event Operations Managing (Bars)
My Client services are centred around on-the-go food and drink provision at many Headline Events UK Wide they have built unrivalled expertise, delivering consistent quality and fresh ideas; based within the logistics distribution and supply chain sector.
The Operations Director Bars & Events will be responsible for;
- Devise all Operational policies and procedures to ensure the performance of the team meets the needs of division, clients, partners and the wider Group
- Develop the Operational strategy for the on and off-site delivery. Ensure both functions work in conjunction with the other
- Overall budget management of the Operations function, allocating and signing off the individual event budgets
- Responsible for assigning individual events to the Operations Manager and Operations Lead. Signing off all pre-event plans, overseeing the management of events and monitoring performance
- Responsible for ensuring the Operations Leads produce accurate, detailed analysis of their event and present their findings within event debrief meetings. To include performance against allocated budget.
- Develop and manage key supplier contracts, ensuring key KPI are met; Staffing, Hire support equipment, vehicle hire, crew hire and Tech service
- Oversee the Operations Manager, Head of staffing and Operations Leads managing all aspects of front and back of house operations, ensuring company operating standards and procedures are adhered to, monitoring performance and directing/coaching/trouble-shooting as required
- Pre, during and post event reports, highlighting key KPI, margin and improvements, Focusing on delivery, revenue and cost control
- Oversee the management of the logistics including but not limited to; planning, booking and delivery of infrastructure
- Manage key assets and utilise, ensuring the divisional controls and maximising its investment
- Management of two direct reports - Operations Manager and Head of Staffing team
- Oversee the effective management of the set-up, delivery and breakdown of events.
- Budget setting in line with divisional strategy and KPI's
- Assist in the detailed analysis of events and bars post-event against forecasts, identifying areas of under performance and/or inaccurate forecasting, and making recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Provide strategic direction for the Operations and Staffing team, overseeing event delivery and evaluating against budgetary targets, company ensure sufficient planning and staffing provisions are available for upcoming events.
- Liaise with the Client Director, Finance Business Partner and Stock and Supply Chain Manager as appropriate to understand the requirement of brand partner promotions on site and; in turn communicate to the Operations teams to ensure successful implementation and optimise revenue
- Establish, implement and develop divisional standards, policies, processes and measures to ensure performance meets the needs of clients, partners and the Group;
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are implemented, communicated and adhered to by all the Operations team, updating policies and practices when necessary and taking the required action when these are not followed
- A minimum of 3 year's experience managing operations in a high volume, event-lead industry
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective-business and customer relationships
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement
- Good commercial sense with effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, managing performance, coaching and handling conflict
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and practical application
- Good level of literacy and numeracy and proven ability to forecast and manage budgets
- Good organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage stock effectively
- Confident and competent user of MS Office, with the ability to create and manipulate data using spreadsheets
- Current full UK driving licence.
- Independent and able to use initiative to solve problems
- Resilient, operates well under pressure;
- Dependable, honest, good sense of humour
- Results driven and customer focused
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Determination and resourcefulness are key
- Good attention to detail, prides themselves on promoting good practices
- Has the courage to challenge; confidence to speak up skilfully
- Team player
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently & work weekends
- Commutable to Gloucester
For the successful Operations Director Bars & Events a salary of GBP50,000 - GBP55,000 + Package