Graduate Design Engineer / Project Engineer / CAD Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Design Engineer
Location: Willand, Devon
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a fast-moving, exciting, agile and modern business operating from their headquarters and manufacturing facility in Willand, Devon, UK. They design & manufacture innovative, high-end heating and cooling systems for industrial, medical, scientific and laboratory applications.
They are currently looking for a Graduate Design Engineer to join their dynamic engineering team, and become part of a diverse, young, growing company at an exciting time.
The successful candidate will join their Engineering team, working in a mixed office / factory environment, and will interface with all areas of the Company's business. You will have an interest in "getting stuck in" and should enjoy (rather than be intimidated by) the variety that the role can offer.
The role will ultimately involve the whole of the Engineering process and more:
- Initial customer meetings to formulate the brief
- Management of a project from concept through design, manufacture & qualification
- Detailed design work & drawings using a variety of Engineering platforms
- Control of budget and timeline of a project
- Testing, installation and commissioning of the equipment YOU have designed!
The role will involve regular travelling to Customers / Suppliers in the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will be an all-round, hands-on, practically minded Graduate Engineer, who relishes the opportunity to cover a variety of jobs and challenges. You will be working with globally-recognised companies, and will be changing the world with New Technological advancements.
The Company acknowledges that there will be a need for on-the-job training to develop the wide range of technical skills required for this diverse and exciting role. This will be provided through their friendly and supportive workforce. Specific technical skills are not required at this stage.
- A University Degree in an Engineering Subject (Beng / Meng / BSc / MSc)
- Highly Proficient in 3D CAD (Preferably Solidworks, otherwise Solid Edge, Inventor, Pro Engineer)
- Hi level of IT Literacy including, but not limited to, MS Office, Email, Internet, Databases etc.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers alike
- A basic understanding of Engineering Quality Procedures
- A proficiency in 2D CAD (e. AutoCAD)
- Appreciation of manufacturing procedures and processes
- Some experience in a manufacturing Engineering company or environment
- A natural inclination to solve engineering problems
- Full UK Drivers licence
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Graduate, Graduate design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee design Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Graduate Design Engineer / Project Engineer / CAD Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly