About IIT - Integrated Multichannel Customer Communications (IMCC)
The IMCC team within IIT is a global team with about 400 colleagues based across Europe and Asia. IMCC supports the Barclays UK business and operations by implementing world class products and managing e2e programmes to meet customer communications & data needs
Overall purpose of role
The Programme Manager will be accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of programme of projects within the KYC/FATCA CRS portfolio.
They will be accountable for
- Manage the programme execution.
- Ensure programmes deliver to expected governance & success criteria.
- Manage the team of Project Managers who are responsible for delivering the individual projects in the portfolio.
- Engage with the various technical component teams to get commitment on programme deliverables.
- Run the programme steering committee.
- Provide weekly status reporting on programme progress.
- Ensures the programme or portfolio of projects stays on track to deliver against its original and committed objectives.
- Put in place appropriate communications to provide various levels of stakeholders with project updates as required.
- Financial Management - responsible for confirming actual costs are correct, forecasting cost to completion and ensuring the Cost at Completion does not exceed the Project Budget.
- Accountable for embedding a continuous improvement culture by ensuring those lessons learnt are acted upon and applied to subsequent programmes/projects.
- Ensure change is delivered in line with Barclays Change Delivery Framework.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Business Stakeholder engagement to obtain steer on major decisions and to highlight current or foreseen impacts on programme schedule. Engagement with the individual project leads on a regular basis regarding progress updates and any roadblocks to be addressed by higher authority.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Good understanding of data & technology landscape.
- Experience of delivering large scale technical integration programmes in the financial services industry.
- Proven experience in working with multi-site teams.
- Working knowledge of control, regulatory and risk issues and demonstrated practical application of this.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the operations, risk management, finance and product control activities relevant to their roles.
- Experience in management and leadership of teams to include evidence of enhancing team performance and productivity.
- Experience of leading relationships with executive management.
- Track record of success/high performance in a large, Matrix organisation.
- Evidence of driving change/leading business initiatives/contributing to team and strategy.
- Financial services industry knowledge and knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Excellent communication, negotiation, & influencing skills.
Strong internal & external networking skills.
Experience of liaising and coaching senior individuals with appropriate level of diplomacy and tact.
Proven senior leadership skills.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Experience of operating in Chief of Staff roles previously (desirable but not mandatory)
Effective people/stakeholder management skills.
Experience of building and leading teams in a global, Matrix environment across multiple locations.
Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.