Assistant In-House Tax Adviser
The AIHTA will work to support the Internal Partnership Tax Manager and Internal Corporation Tax Manager to manage the compliance affairs of a number of UK and Global partnerships and corporates, including aspects with respect to their international filings. The successful applicant will be someone who demonstrates the ability to integrate with new teams quickly, is outgoing and able to build good relationships with key stakeholders. They will have the ability to produce high quality work and have good tax technical skills. They will be encouraged to develop further their tax technical knowledge across a range of taxes through working closely with experienced tax professionals.
The team is fully supportive and actively encourages flexible working and will work closely with the successful applicant to facilitate them putting in place the appropriate flexible working arrangements.
Your key responsibilities
Working with the Partnership Tax Manager (PTM) and Corporation Tax Manager (CTM) to provide support.
This is likely to include:
- Assisting with the end-to-end compliance process for Global & UK entities including but not limited to:
- Preparation of the partnership returns for all relevant UK & Global partnerships
- Drafting of tax computations for all relevant UK, Area & Global partnerships
- Supporting the PTM in reviewing specific elements of the UK LLP disallowable expenses review on a quarterly basis.
- Support PTM on review and maintenance of sponsorships.
- Research into tax consequences of various expense transactions.
- Provide support to PTM on completion of partnership profit allocation and preparation/distributing of tax pack letter to all 700+ UK Partners.
- Provide support to PTM on dealing with tax related queries from partners and their advisers.
- Calculating and providing tax loan availability.
- Maintain overlap profit spreadsheet.
- Support PTM on maintaining Outbound Partner lists.
- Assisting in the data gathering and preparation of the information for the completion of the profit matrices required for overseas filing requirements for the partnership.
- Supporting the PTM to maintain data for the Senior Account Officer annual declaration. Including:
- Maintaining a database of the owners of each document and requesting updates as appropriate
- Drawing up documents as advised by the PTM.
- Helping prepare slides for steering committee meetings
- Other areas of support.
- Support PTM on Withholding Foreign Partnership administration, in particular:
- Collecting forms W-8BEN/W-9 from joining Partners, Partners with a change in circumstances or renewing on expiry. Liaising directly with Partners as necessary.
- Maintaining a database on a rolling basis.
- Assist on the annual filing requirements in the US.
- Assisting with the end-to-end compliance process for Global/Area/UK entities including but not limited to:
- Registration of new entities, including agent authorisations.
- Accounting period maintenance.
- Quarterly instalment payment calculations.
- Drafting entity tax provision.
- Coordination of tax return preparation, including liaising with GDS and drafting review memos.
- Assisting with dealing with EY's obligations arising from Country by Country Reporting (CBCR), including drafting notifications and preparing draft reports.
- Coordination of Transfer Pricing documentation, specifically the master file local file.
- Monitoring the corporation tax compliance schedule.
- Preparing P&Ls for overseas permanent establishment ('PE').
- Supporting the CTM to provide PE advice and implementing any recommendation arising from it.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to manage your own time and to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to developing self, desire to make the role your own
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, both internally and externally
- Team player
- Confident, outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to work
To qualify for the role you must have
- Core knowledge about business taxes and an interest to learn about other areas of tax
- Proficient/advanced user of MS Office package, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint with a good working knowledge of pivot tables
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate across the team
- Willing to take on new challenges within the role
Ideally, you'll also have
- A corporation tax background, or a solid business tax background, and will want to learn more about partnership and international tax.
- A full or part accountancy qualification (currently working in a tax role) or tax specialist (ATT or CTA). Part qualified means you have started your accounting or tax exams, passed some and can demonstrate a commitment to study towards becoming fully qualified.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.