We have a new opportunity for a Commercial Manager - International Business Development (Export) to join our team based in Witham, Essex. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £40-£45k per annum plus up to 20% target and profit related bonus.
The Dental Directory is one of the largest full service dental dealers in the UK, supplying around 11,900 dental practices, with everything from toothbrushes to specialist medical equipment. It has built a reputation based on personal service and working in partnership with dentists to understand their business and support growth plans through superior product knowledge, competitive pricing and the capability to supply everything a modern practice requires.
In return as our Commercial Manager - International Business Development (Export), we will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Profit related bonus
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Family friendly policies
- Career Development in a growing business
As our Commercial Manager - International Business Development you will be responsible for planning and expediting the purchase and sale of Parallel Import, Parallel Export PI/PE & UK Trading of medical products from our UK, European & Global supplier base.
This role is primarily concerned with the management of UK & foreign suppliers and some travel maybe required from time to time. You will be expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy in decision making relative to their vendor base and in prioritising the work.
Key Responsibilities of our Commercial Manager - International Business Development:
- Expertly manage our customer portfolio with a strong focus on the development and maintenance of high quality working relationships
- Contribute to the Development and execution of the Buying/Export business plan, a focus on the expansion of product and vendor portfolios and product lifecycle management in order to control obsolescence and avoid unnecessary investment in stock
- Utilise strong negotiation skills to gain access to all required stock and to maintain a strongly competitive cost of goods
- Become an expert in this area and strive to continually develop your knowledge of the markets we engage in, new potential markets, existing & new products and our competition
- Manage the International Business Development trading team, providing support and guidance to achieve objectives.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting and contribute to the accurate maintenance of critical records and IT systems
Essential Skills we’re looking for in our Commercial Manager - International Business Development:
- Strong Supplier Relations & Negotiation
- Experienced manager of teams, ability to coach.
- Appropriate commercial experience, preferably in a Buying, Export or trading role
- Ability to operate under pressure
- Excellent planning and organisation skills & close attention to detail
- Effective communicator & able to work with people at all levels of organisations internal & External
- Numerate and analytical
- Team player
- Other European languages are desirable
- Understanding of the UK Dental Market or Medical Device markets is desirable
- PC Skills – Good knowledge of Excel essential
If you would like to join our team as our new Commercial Manager - International Business Development then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
CLOSING DATE: 31st March 2018 or when a sufficient number of suitable applications have been received
Due to volume of applications expected for this role, if you do not hear from us by end of March 2018 please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.