Operational and Process Improvement Consultant
Employer: Newton Europe Limited
Job Role: Operational and Process Improvement Consultant
Location: Field based across the UK
Remuneration package: basic salary of £38,500 and car allowance of £5,000, plus profit share and other benefits
Closing date for applications: 9 April 2018
Newton isn’t like other consultancies or employers. Our business model is purposefully disruptive. Our culture is vibrant, energetic and individual. We hire extraordinary people and give them levels of responsibility to match. Our philosophy is simple: if you don’t limit yourself, we won’t limit you.
Our business continues to grow at a fast pace. If you’re interested in working with some of our biggest, most exciting clients from big 4 supermarkets to the nation’s aircraft carrier, read on to find out more.
As Consultants, we get into the DNA of our clients’ organisation. We partner with them to gain an understanding of the intricate details of how their companies operate in order to be able to identify potential cost savings, resource savings and efficiencies. Our teams aim to recognise opportunities to speed processes up and reduce waste, as well as other ways to generally improve the overall performance of the organisations’ operations in a measurable, tangible way.
In order to be able to work in this way, at Newton our Operational and Process Improvement Consultants have the analytical abilities to be able to dive deeply into the processes of our clients’ business, the technical abilities to devise the right solutions for them, and the interpersonal skills to be able to take every stakeholder on the journey to success.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful with us, we’ll offer you:
- Promotion on merit when you are ready, not on an annual promotion cycle.
- Rapid career progression that involves taking responsibility early on. Within 2 years you can expect to be managing a team to deliver real results.
- A genuinely social and collaborative culture, where the whole company gathers every 2 weeks for a night and day to celebrate client success, resolve project challenges and have fun.
- Project opportunities across a range of industries, clients and sectors based on your interest.
- Our guarantee that you'll be at home by 6pm every Friday and never work weekends!
What are we looking for?
Our team set the bar high. Our people drive our business. The quality of your work, technical skills and ability to communicate with colleagues and client teams at all levels make Newton exceptional. This is why we’ve developed one of the most rigorous recruiting processes in the industry. Our people possess key qualities that make them stand out as exceptional individuals contributing to – and leading – impactful programs of work. During your Newton application process, we’ll be looking for similar characteristics in you:
- A degree in a numerate discipline, preferably engineering, from a top university in the UK or overseas
- Be highly numerate with a logical mindset and strong analytical and conceptual skills (this doesn’t mean you must be an engineer or a mathematician!)
- Be a strong, effective communicator at all levels with the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Have an exceptional ability to spot relevant points in an ocean of information and draw insights
- Thrive on early responsibility and be self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, with a collaborative approach
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Self-awareness and the willingness to receive and act on feedback