Head of Operations
Head of Operations -West Norwood, London
Up to GBP60,000 dependent on experience
Established in 1884, Mylands is Britain's oldest family-owned and run paint and polishes manufacturer. Over four generations, we have quietly but proudly crafted quality paints and wood ?nishes in Lambeth, South London.
We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Operations to join our team. This individual is responsible for the overall product/manufacturing strategies, suitable technologies and the associated manufacturing competencies to support platforms and product roadmaps. Responsible for alignment, planning/logistics, warehousing, materials management, purchasing, quality and production employees to Business Unit goals and targets.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Provide leadership to managers and supervisors in production, warehouse and Lab (QC).
* Manage and lead the implementation of purchasing, planning & logistics and quality targets within the business unit.
* Establish measurable targets, for warehousing, QC and manufacturing liaison, for delivery, quality, and efficiency performance. Report and post key indicators monthly.
* Perform annual performance reviews for all direct reports and identify training needs.
* Manage employee issues and grievances as they arise and work with management and Human Resources toward resolution
* Responsible for capital budgets for equipment, their ROIC and maintenance of all production and manufacturing related budgets
* Implement systems, processes that provide a collaborative environment and platform for development engineering, marketing and manufacturing teams to aim for DFM by following the Mylands development process.
* Align test criteria/procedures, quality, continuous improvement, manufacturing engineering and production vision to meet goals.
* Utilise state-of -the-art and proven methods in test process/strategies to produce cost saving solutions.
* Create capital project planning, equipment/tooling requirement analysis, manufacturing tooling plans, for new programs utilising professional project management tools.
* Business and people management skills
* A qualification in Chemistry or Physics
* Knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering
* Knowledge of the food science industry
* Materials science technology experience
* Process engineering experience
* Transport/distribution/logistics experience
* Health & Safety experience
* Project management skills
* Leadership and man-management skills
* IT and numerical skills
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now