Are you an experienced marketer? Would you like to join our global team? We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Marketing Manager on a maternity cover contract.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our Books Marketing department on a maternity contract basis to assume global responsibility for the Science, Technology, and Medical portfolio. You will be planning, executing and reporting on a full range of marketing activities to maximize revenue and drive conversion and retention. You'll have a good understanding of the customer needs, competition and latest opportunities in content marketing that are required to develop engaging marketing plans and inform commercial decisions.
You will support the Senior Marketing Manager in the implementation and development of our marketing strategy and work closely with internal stakeholders to contribute to sales and editorial strategies. The position includes line management responsibility for one Associate Marketing Manager and two Marketing Assistants.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing the full life cycle of marketing campaigns, including planning, implementing, reporting and making recommendations for amendments;
- Carrying out inbound marketing and customer journey building as well as creating content specifically for our customers' needs across the globe
- Working collaboratively, sharing ideas and best practice with other Marketing Managers within the group
- Leading and motivating a team of one Associate Marketing Manager and two Marketing Assistants, fostering a culture of high-level performance, quality, efficiency and innovation, helping to encourage new ideas and constructive feedback
- Effectively managing the team's marketing budget
- Leading and motivating a marketing team, fostering a culture of high-level performance and helping to encourage new ideas
- Build effective long-term & strategic relationships with both internal (editorial & sales) and external (authors & faculty members)
- Maintain and develop an awareness of external issues and market developments, including competitor activities, needs of customers, advances in technology, academic trends, and share findings with the business and team.
- Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to team and departmental objectives
What we're looking for:
You'll have a proven track record in a similar marketing role, and will keep yourself up to date with the latest market trends. You'll enjoy working in an agile environment and working as part of a global network of colleagues.
- A results-driven outlook, with demonstrable success of meeting marketing targets and goals
- Proven success managing marketing campaigns, from planning through to analysis using evidence-based marketing techniques;
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness - including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends
- Experience of working on a CRM system such as salesforce to nurture and convert leads
- The creativity to bring new ideas, insight and innovation to the table
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven success making use of a range of different marketing channels including digital media;
- An analytical mindset including the ability to analyse financial and statistical information and make commercial recommendations
- Experience motivating and managing a team, including the ability to delegate effectively
- Knowledge of IT systems including core MS Office packages, web/cloud based databases, CMS and email creation platforms
Salary circa GBP36,500 plus 25 days' holiday per annum (with 3 additional days for Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site:
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.