Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor
Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor
Opportunity Type: Paid
Location: Home Based
Advertising End Date: 28 Mar 2018
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Interview Date: 13th April 2018
Salary Details: GBP42218 per annum + benefits
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor to join our property team!
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help shape property management within Mencap. The Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor will manage all matters relating to Mencap's leasehold commercial property portfolio, working within Mencap's risk framework to provide advice on financial, legal, governance, resource or reputational risk on these property matters.
You will be responsible for following the established process to manage from beginning to end all leasehold acquisitions, disposals and renewals, providing technical advice to the operational business units which will allow Mencap to identify appropriate opportunities to maximise income received by property whilst ensuring property outgoings, liability and exposure to risk is kept to a minimum. You will be expected to be aware of changes in law and practice to ensure Mencap are operating in the correct commercial way.
You will be working closely with the Head of Property and a Property Associate to provide vital support on all of Mencap's property matters.
This role is home-based with travel across the UK. The expectation is that you will spend 1-2 days travelling and attendance at our Centre of Engagement in London will be on a fortnightly basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking property searches and inspections when required
- Negotiating heads of terms with Landlords
- Using available data to identify and notify events to the operational business units
- Ensuring the property database is populated with all of Mencap's property interests
- Taking responsibility for collating this information and producing reports and presentations
- Coaching and supporting the Property Associate to ensure their lease transactions are dealt with appropriately
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining and distributing information in accordance with data protection legislation and Mencap policy requirements
Not been a Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor before? No problem, if you want to progress or take the next step up in your career then we can help! Although the right skills and experience is important to us, so are values. It is essential that you display our 5 values - Positive, Challenging, Caring, Inclusive and Trustworthy.
It is essential that you have an MRICS qualification and experience as an in-house or chartered Surveyor.
To apply, please attach your CV and covering letter.
ID - 12281
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 24 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing to 27 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our Holiday Plus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to on-going training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary, death in service life cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
To apply, please please send you CV and cover letter by pressing the apply button below.
*T&C's apply based on contract