Application Security Specialist
iSource IT's client is a leading management consultancy,operating on a global scale. They currently have requirements for 2 senior application security specialists, to lead engagements and be the SME on all application security matters for some of their biggest clients.
- Review application and security architecture & design, and compile reports of assessments using threat modelling.
- Conduct code reviews in order to test applications for vulnerabilities at base level
- Evaluate open source software security
- Lead and efficiently deliver security assignments.
- Champion the development of security tool kits and methodologies
- Build lasting client relationships
- Advocate and implement secure coding practices into customer procedures
- Understand customer issues and requirements at both business and technical levels.
- Keep up to date with the most recent application security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Manage and mentor junior team members
- Strong experience conducting static & dynamic code analysis
- Expertise of both web and mobile application testing, including frameworks and methodologies eg OWASP
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and multiple programming languages (.net/Java/Python desirable)
- Ability to conduct application risk assessments and identify potential vulnerabilities and security flaws, and offer business suitable remediation solutions.
- Knowledge of distributed/microservice architecture
- Hold security certifications such as Crest, OSCP, OSCE, CISSP
- Hold architecture certification such as TOGAF, SABSA