Finance Reporting Actuary
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
To support the LGR Finance Reporting function in producing timely statements and analysis of our cGBP55bn asset and liability portfolio. Understand and effectively communicate the dynamic behaviour of our asset and liability portfolio in the context of both Solvency II and IFRS bases. Bring knowledge of annuity products and the assets used to back these liabilities. Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate reporting controls for the production of reliable results and analysis. Regularly work with other areas of LGR to support business initiatives. Assist in the overall team management, mentoring and guiding workflow for colleagues. Engage with senior stakeholders and various colleagues from around the business on behalf of LGR Finance.
Financial metrics delivery: Support LGR's IFRS and SII (base) reporting function to provide timely and accurate delivery and commentary of financial reporting results, meeting internal and external standards.
Stakeholder relationship management: Represent LGR Finance for reporting metrics and MI within the company, building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders including, but not limited to the wider finance function, investments, LGIM (our asset manager), LRG Pricing, our Group function and auditors. Present and disseminate results, incorporating specialist supporting analysis and commentary for reporting metrics. Manage ongoing liaison by continually developing & maintaining proactive engagement to ensure deliveries continue to meet needs and the quality expected.
Management and Planning: Work with the LGR Managers to effectively prioritise and schedule reporting activities and allocate resources to meet stakeholder needs.
People Management Partnership: Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximize the performance of the area.
Training/mentoring: Provide training, mentoring and guidance to team members so that they have the specialist actuarial and investment knowledge, skills and attitude to maximise the performance of the team and deliver and effective reporting service for LGR Finance.
Process management and improvement: Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of reporting systems, processes and methodologies, ensuring that they are robust and that risks are assessed and appropriately controlled. Identify and propose efficiencies to be gained within existing reporting processes and systems.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF): Help ensure that the appropriate process, systems and controls are in place, and that the risks and issues are identified and escalated within LGR, to ensure that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General's Customer Experience and TCF policy.
- Skills Required
Typically the jobholder will be a qualified actuary with experience in IFRS and/or SII annuities reporting.
The jobholder will have a good understanding of the following:
- Asset and liability modelling
- Financial reporting metrics: IFRS, EV, EC, Solvency II (incl. Matching Adjustment)
- Bulk and individual annuity products
- UK finance sector
- Implementing change
- Risk and regulatory requirements
Specific experience and skills:
- Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior stakeholders on behalf of LGR Finance
- Aspirations for team management and mentoring
- Experience in reviewing processes and implementing improvements
- Attention to detail
- Aspiration for career development and progression
- Good time management skills
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in our London Office, but you could work in other Legal and General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
For any queries please contact . Please note applications can only be made online via the portal.