Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of melamine food display products, including trays, dishes, bowls, platters and utensils. They design, manufacture and distribute high quality ‘solution based products’ for customers such as hotels, supermarkets, distributors, restaurants, independently owned outlets and zoos.
Due to their continued growth, they now have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join them.
The Assistant Buyer Role:
The Assistant Buyer position is an office based role working within the Purchasing Department. The Assistant Buyer will manage the UK and European supply chain, as well as stock management for the New York office and the management of new Products.
- Stock analysis/planning/ordering for UK/European Suppliers
- Stock analysis/planning/ordering for New York office
- Managing freight quotations – air and road
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating prices for new and existing products
- Management of item data within our NAV system including setting up new items
- Communicating new products to the Sales and Marketing departments
- Managing supplier issues and carrying out quality checks where necessary
The Assistant Buyer:
- Proven experience of working in a customer facing supply chain role. Ideally in a product-based industry in either Supply Chain, Logistics or Purchasing
- Ideally experience of dealing with multiple country export and import regulations
- Experience of using ERP (or similar) systems
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
- Eligible to work in the UK
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in applying for this Assistant Buyer position, simply submit your CV & Covering Letter via the button shown.
Keywords: Assistant Buyer, Stock Analysis, Planning, Ordering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Freight, ERP, Supply Chain, Export, Import, Purchasing, Witham, Braintree, Essex
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.