Hours: Part Time 21 hours per week (Tues, Wed, Thurs)
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (pro rata and depending on experience)
Location: Cheadle, Stockport
A new and exciting opportunity for a payroll administrator has arisen at UK Biobank a world leading and unique health based project. We are looking for an experienced payroll administrator to join us on a part time basis. The successful candidate will be joining a busy department so will need to be highly organised and have experience in managing an end to end payroll process, along with managing auto enrolment pension process and company benefit scheme. We are looking for a candidate that can meet strict deadlines but also ensure accuracy and have the ability to think on their feet, solving problems and any queries that may arise, escalating where necessary.
UK Biobank is a major national health resource set up with the aim of improving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of serious and life-threatening illnesses. Between 2006 and 2010, UK Biobank recruited over 500,000 volunteers from across the country to take part; all donated biological samples for future analysis, provided detailed information about themselves, and agreed to have their health followed. Enhancement projects are now underway to add further value to this valuable research resource.
UK Biobank was established with the backing of a number of major funding bodies and is a registered charity. Whilst we are physically headquartered in Cheadle, direction and strategy take input from senior academics and other experts from across the UK and around the world.
* Work closely with managers, finance and HR to collate monthly payroll information including overtime, new starter information, leavers, staff changes, sickness and maternity information
* Ensure that all payroll information is prepared and accurately and in line with deadlines to be submitted to external payroll provider
* Check payroll processed by external payroll provider agrees to information submitted for processing, it is in line with expectations and that it has been correctly processed in particular with regards to SMP, SPP and SSP
* Ensure that authorizations are obtained and submitted to ensure BACS payments are processed in time to meet deadlines for all payroll payments (e. Net pay, HMRC, AOE)
* Answer payroll queries raised by employees on a timely basis.
* Work closely with external pension providers to manage and ensure pensions are paid accurately and on time ensuring you maintain and update records in line with this.
* Provide information to pension providers as and when required e. for Actuarial valuations.
* Work closely with benefit providers
* Manage benefit schemes, ensuring payments are processed on time and employee records are updated.
* Complete paperwork required by DWP and Inland Revenue.
* PAYE reporting as and when required including P11d's. P60, P35, P45, etc
* Nominal ledger control account reconciliations, e. Wages Control account, Pensions Control account, HMRC Control account and AOE control account.
* Maintain payroll summary and reconcile to nominal ledger e. Gross Pay, NIC and Pensions by cost centre or category.
* Retain and file all copies of all information and authorizations for payroll actions for audit purposes.
* Review payroll processes and make recommendations for improvements.
* Assist with the preparation and updating of Statement of Procedures ("SOP's) applicable to the duties of the role.
* Prepare reports as required
* Ad hoc assignments as reasonably requested by Head of HR, Finance Consultant or Senior Management
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar payroll role with responsibility for end to end payroll and managing Auto Enrolment pension processing
* Sound knowledge and understanding of UK PAYE and benefits regulations (e. NI, SMP, SPP, SSP, Auto Enrolment)
* IT Literate including use of Microsoft Office with good knowledge of Excel
* Proactive, organised and capable of working in an independent manner whilst also being able to accept instruction.
* Excellent problem solving and organisation skills with a methodical approach to working.
* Confident with the ability to build strong working relationships with employees and external stakeholders
* Attention to detail and accuracy and complete all tasks to a high standard
* Ability to work flexibly as part of a team and demonstrate a 'hands-on' approach
* Ability to work calmly under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Respect for confidentiality
* Understanding of basic accounting principles
* Familiarity with ISO standards (ISO 9001, ISO 15189, ISO27001).
* Experienceof the Charitable sector and/or life sciences sector
* Experience of Universities Superannuation Scheme
We offer a competitive salary, 26 days holiday, membership of the USS pension scheme, salary sacrifice schemes, staff discount scheme, life assurance cover and other employee benefits.
Applications including a covering letter and curriculum vitae should be sent by clicking Apply. The closing date for applications is 5 on Friday 23rd March 2018.
Apply for Payroll Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly