Senior Development Manager
- Full Time
Day to day responsibility for the vision, viability, and value of a masterplan through inception and design stages leading to outline planning permission or plot initiation. Lead for acquisition, development briefing, stakeholder engagement, town planning, 3rd party negotiation, and revenue generation processes.
- Overseeing and ensuring success of the masterplan process.
- Leading all governance processes including reporting, approval processes, and establishing support from all internal stakeholders.
- Managing the establishment of a place vision, place books and place brand, and championing this through the wider project team
- Managing internal project expectations, and balancing aspirational objectives with commercial constraints
- Establishing, building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with all relevant 3rd party stakeholders.
- Business case, market positioning, and commercial framework for the development.
- Overall masterplan viability, with specific responsibility for revenue.
- In partnership with finance procuring and managing development funding.
- Establishing and maintaining development budgets and cashflows, and managing approval of payments against them.
- Negotiating and managing 3rd party legal agreements (including land agreement, S106 etc).
- Preparing and gaining endorsement for a Masterplan Development Brief.
- Championing Masterplan matters with plot development teams.
- Procuring, briefing, appointing, and managing development consultants.
- Establishing and maintaining Masterplan strategies (planning, rights of light, phasing, etc)
- Preparing, submitting, and gaining approval of outline planning applications.
- Procuring and managing legal opinion on the Masterplan planning applications.
- Overseeing preparation of the Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Obtaining necessary legal consents, financial, and 3rd party consents.
- Overseeing the preparation and execution of an Estate Management Strategy
- Overseeing the identification and mitigation of development risks.
- Ownership as client of Health & Safety Management including satisfying all statutory responsibilities.
- Drives Customer outcomes: Is dedicated to meeting customer expectations through the delivery of quality products & services. Builds & maintains enduring relationships, ensures customers experience an 'ease of working' with Lendlease & seeks to understand customers and their changing needs.
- Engages Stakeholders: Has a well-developed knowledge of the external market, actively builds internal & external relationships and engages in networking activities to expand connections. Fosters collaboration & team cohesiveness to ensure effective outcomes area achieved.
- Drives accountability and ensures effective delivery: Assumes ownership for the success of the business & displays personal responsibility & accountability. Is committed to delivering the best outcome and manages the delivery of project & commercial results by setting & agreeing performance standards & measures, and tracking performance & results.
- Manages Risk & Opportunity: Undertakes all relevant business, project & operational reporting & understanding how to manage the problems, risks & issues associated with managing the development. Engages all relevant stakeholders & contributors to ensure all opportunities are realised & risks are mitigated.
- Drives Safety & Sustainability: Actively drives a 'Safety First' culture & takes personal accountability for managing safety & sustainability in all activities. Understands relevant wellbeing, safety & sustainability policies & ensures compliance with these in all activities.
- Communicates with Impact: Expresses thoughts, information & feelings clearly. Is concise, articulate and persuasive in conveying ideas and views, and uses energy & an adaptive style to influence & inspire others.
- Makes Evidence Based Quality Decisions: Makes good quality, timely decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, consultation, experience, and judgement. Has a strong understanding of Lendlease strategy & business priorities & aligns own decision-making activity to ensure it supports the business direction.
- Proven competency to carry out the accountabilities outlined above.
- Demonstrable experience in Masterplan Development Management on major urban regeneration projects, and comprehensive understanding of development processes
- A highly collaborative individual who will demonstrable ability to bring together a complex and multi layered team, and lead internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to support a shared purpose, vision, and direction for the whole team, inspiring the team towards that purpose, vision and direction
- Demonstrable experience of leading meaningful and inclusive community engagement processes on contentious development schemes
- Advanced commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Proven exposure to managing 3rd party stakeholders
- An understanding and appreciation of the contractual relationships between parties (land owners, local authority, tenants, funders and banks).
- A desire to think beyond physical transformation and drive socio economic improvements for local communities.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (eg property, engineering, architecture, or construction etc)
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.