Employer Relations Manager
ER Manager required to join a progressive world leading organisation in Southampton Hampshire
Your new company
A world leading organisation who is driving change and transformation
About the Role
The Employer Relations Manager will be leading a team of 3 HR Advisers and be responsible for providing expert advice and management of ER, Policy Development, MI and will support the HR Services Manager with ongoing projects.
You will ideally have excellent knowledge and understanding of Employment Law, experience of working with Trade Unions, team management experience, have the ability to be agile and overcome challenges, be a true leader and help with your direct reports development.
You must demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria and competencies in your application:
- Provide comprehensive advice, interpretation and guidance on employment matters and HR policies, practices and processes to HR colleagues to minimise legal risk
- Lead the HR Adviser team to manage and deliver an effective day to day ER service escalating more complex issues to senior colleagues or specialist teams as appropriate
- Ensure the HRAs are capable of developing and supporting managers in their people management practices
- Manage the day to day relationship, with the business, on Trade Union consultation and provide project management support to TU negotiation (i.e. pay and T&C negotiations)
- Identify macro Employee Relations issues that need to be resolved to support business unit People Plans and objectives and provide recommendations to address
- Manage the day-to-day operational delivery support of People Plans and activities defined and led by specialist HR teams and HRBP colleagues
- Lead HR Advisers in engaging managers in development of talent and capability within their areas of responsibility
- Update and maintain HR policies and processes, ensuring that they are communicated effectively, and that HR is equipped to support their implementation
- Design and deliver the approach to wellbeing.
12 Months Fixed Contract to start end of March
- Salary - Circa GBP40k.
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
Interviews 19th March
Start - End of March ideally 26th March
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.