Can you help families of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)?
Are you interested in giving a few hours of your time a week? Do you have an interest in SEND? Are you willing to train?
Gateshead Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support (SENDIAS) Service is looking for Independent Volunteer Supporters (IVS). The SENDIAS Service helps those with SEND and their families to understand the SEND System and to get the best they can out of it.
IVSs provide support by:
- Explaining the SEND system
- Helping with the filling out of views forms for Statutory Assessment
- Liaising with schools and professionals
- Accompanying service users to meetings and schools visits
- Signposting to other agencies and services
- Giving impartial advice and information
If you are interested in volunteering please e-mail Rachel Chard, SENDIAS Service Volunteer Coordinator by following the instructions at the bottom of this page.