Hi, we are a group of individuals who live together and are supported by Dimensions. We live in the Willingham area in Cambridge and are looking for support workers to come and join our team. We have complex needs, and need support with all aspects, we are looking for someone who is not afraid to take on a challenge, who has the ability to deliver high standards of support , but at the same time make things fun and have a laugh.
- We enjoy visiting our families and friends.
- We love a good party and often invite our families and friends over for BBQ's and Christmas dinner.
- We have a learning disability and due to limited mobility use wheelchairs to help us with our mobility, but we still love to be out and about.
- We have vehicles and would like our Support Workers to have a full UK/EU Driver's Licence, as we like to go to lots of different places exploring and finding new things to do.
- We require support 24/7 support, our health needs are complex, however we still like to participate in all activities, especially karaoke, swimming, going to the cinema, growing our own veg in our allotment.
It's ok if my Support Worker doesn't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do it. You never know, you might find you enjoy it!
If you share Dimensions values you'll have the opportunity to meet me as it's important we're a good match for each other. It doesn't matter if you haven't worked as a Support Worker before, as Dimensions will give you paid accredited training throughout your career, plus bonus payments when you complete your qualifications - as well as a full induction, regular 1-2-1's and annual appraisals to ensure you develop your professional skills, supporting me to live the life I choose.
A few words from Dimensions on the way they support me, and also you ???.
The Dimensions "Activate" approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and their Support Workers - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that the unique "Activate" model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in Support Worker satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the Activate' model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, we offer you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you've changed someone's life, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people's lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Caron Males on .
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don't be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees