Finance Team Manager (16 Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
As a Finance Team Manager within our Accounting Operations division, you will lead, motivate and develop a team responsible for the preparation of accurate daily and monthly Accounting Operations transactions, reconciliations, management information and analytical support to business partners. Lead the preparation of financial ledgers and trial balances from which statutory financial accounts, tax and other regulatory returns can be produced.
If you have excellent office skills and enjoy working as part of a team, then we would be interested to hear from you.
- Job Duties
- Management. Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
- Daily Actions. Ensure Accounting Operations data is processed in accordance with documented procedures and controls, including the preparation and posting of journals to the accounting system as part of statutory financial or regulatory reporting period end close, in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables.
- Reconciliations. Ensure delivery of financial or box reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, as per deadlines mandated in the Accounting Operations timetable, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
- Financial Reporting. Lead the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue, balance sheet, tax or other regulatory returns in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables.
- Management Information. Ensure analytical support and management information is delivered to various business units, as well as ad hoc requests from Accounting Operations management.
- Financial Controls. Maintain and monitor robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework, including liaison with Group Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Process Reviews. Ensure issues and errors found in Accounting Operations systems and processes, and opportunities for process improvement are identified and progressed through to execution.
- Teamwork. Ensure procedure notes are up to date and there is adequate cross training within the team.
- Projects. Assist with the maintenance, development and integration of relevant systems and support the team with projects, in particular testing, as and when required.
- Skills Required
- Either, a qualified accountant.
- Or, qualified by experience within a Finance environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Detailed experience of working on a core accounting system and performing ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Experience of using, extracting and reporting data from accounting and other office based administration systems.
- Experience of spreadsheet design and financial analysis.
- Experienced people manager able to demonstrate positive performance management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to lead meetings. The ability to listen to others and challenge to ensure understanding of their viewpoint.
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines. Performs inbuilt reconciliations and can identify errors in outputs.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to review the work of others and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Able to lead a team and coordinate planning and prioritising of tasks.
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and escalates concerns and challenges existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Clarifies objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome. Can prioritise workloads effectively and obtain relevant information to assist in decision-making.
- Builds and develops strong relationships with peers and within the Accounting Ops leadership team, as well as acting as a valued business partner to other parts of the business.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact with any queries