WGSN - Colour Technical Specialist/Manager Coloro - London
Position Summary:The primary responsibility of the Manager Color Application Business and Technology is to support and strengthen our international sales and business development through technical direction and advice, and to implement and run the application and implementation of Coloro in the market and at the customers and their supply chain through consulting and training services in tailored projects.
A basic operational aspect of this role is technical support both internally with our sales team and directly with our key accounts. On a strategic and management base that role represents however a much more senior and important role than a technical services and support role. The Manager of Color Application Business and Color Technology may well become the most important person in the company right after the Managing Director, as he/she will drive and manage the business with Supply Chain Managers and the technical color departments at our most important clients. He will as well take over the key task to launch and implement/apply Coloro in/to the individual workflows of our key accounts and he will have to do lectures and presentations to sell at Executive level and at core events and associations.
We clearly will not just need a specialist but a senior person with management experience and qualification, which requires an adequate profile and personality beside the required technical skills.
- Provide the technical expertise and experience in the textile supply chain and in color technology to extend, optimize and support the international business development and portfolio of Coloro products and services in the application of Coloro in supply chain.
- Sell and implement Coloro as a full value chain solution to/at global brands and their supply chain.
- Provide technical consulting and training to the internal team at CLR Code plus to our affiliates and partners in international distribution.
- Research and develop the requirements for adapting the international Coloro business strategy on an ongoing base to the latest technical development and new requirements in global textile businesses and supply chains and discuss and report those requirements directly with/to Coloro headquarter/JV2.
- Develop, implement and execute different modules of technical support, technical consulting and technical trainings for different levels of customers.
- Implement Coloro directly in the supply chain outside China and execute the Coloro Supplier Certification Program.
- Act as the technical evangelist of Coloro in international markets.
- Ensure a close communication and reporting of challenges and opportunities to Coloro Headquarter/JV2.
- Based on his input, Coloro headquarter/JV2 will include him directly into R&D projects and decision making processes to ensure the addressing, fulfillment and implementation of international requirements.
- Based in German office in Overath near Cologne.
- 7-10 or more years (international) industry experience, including at least 3 years of management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of knits, woven, yarn, dyeing and finishing as well as testing protocols and extensive experience in fabric printing and digital color management.
- Needs to have understanding of total supply chain in fashion/textiles including all aspects of color from concept to consumer.
- Relevant Textile Degree or applicable industry experience.
- Knowledge of raw material constructions, finishing, and dyeing and printing process
- Knowledge of a product lifecycle in the fashion industry - including product development and corresponding time lines.
- Must process strong English communication skills and the ability to manage global customers and projects, including global traveling.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and a positive optimistic "can do" attitude.
- Excellent communication - verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of PLM data management systems, or/and SAP is a plus.
- Excel in problem solving / solution driver.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self starter / able to work independently as well as be collaborative.