Senior Systems Technician - NHS
Senior Systems Technician - NHS (ongoing temp contract)
Salary: £13 - £17 per hour rising after 12 weeks
To provide 3rd line systems support to our clients through the resolution of incidents and proactive monitoring of the infrastructure
Ensure maximum availability of IT Systems. Actively manage, monitor and analyse technical Infrastructure, taking remedial action where necessary in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Apply specialist expertise to a range of highly complex technical infrastructure situations and problems, where, without such intervention there is considerable uncertainty as to the outcome. Provide analysis and input to root cause reviews.
- Plan, install, support and maintain multiple complex technologies including server hardware and software, storage networks, applications, virtualisation platforms, and existing and new infrastructure across multiple locations. Identify and communicate technical risks to the team manager making appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Provide 3rd line infrastructure support to clients ensuring prompt resolution in line with agreed service level agreements and contracts
- Support the team manager in managing effective use of Infrastructure systems to ensure that the client base receives sufficiently responsive and reliable data and application platforms
- Working with the team manager on planning, project work, risk management and documentation around infrastructure ensuring that all system design and implementation is carried out in line with our agreed standards
- Effectively manage assigned work packages to design, analyse and implement effective and appropriately resilient infrastructure solutions in a highly complex environment within specified parameters to meet client requirements; ensuring that all solutions are researched, tested and fully documented
- Take responsibility for the security and confidentiality of personal and sensitive information through strict adherence to information governance policies, best practice and authorised use of smartcards and passwords
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience