Chartered Building Surveyor with aspirations of becoming Associate
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Building Surveyor to join my client, a leading Property Consultancy. Their priority is about providing professional advice and acting in the best interests of clients with regards to all building surveying matters and to support the Head of Commercial Building Surveying.
Typical responsibilities will see you:
- Demonstrating due diligence in carrying out professional work for clients
- Prepare specifications and contract tender documentation under the supervision of senior surveyors, liaising with the relevant parties internally and externally to ensure timely completion and delivery
- Report periodically to client, agreeing variations and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Supervise contractors, liaise with clients and other consultants as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Chartered MRICS (or in the final year of APC with at least 5 years of industry experience)
- A relevant and RICS accredited qualification in Building Surveying, or equivalent, with significant and varied post-qualification experience
- Awareness and understanding of issues affecting the economy and the implications on the Firm and specifically, Building Surveying.
- Experience in a range of instructions received from clients and colleagues to include dilapidations, Schedules of Condition, inspections, acquisition surveys, party wall awards etc.
- Experience of recording of time, expenses etc. and understanding of turnover/income, profit and gross margin
If you are in your final year of APC and are ambitious, looking to move up the career ladder and looking for an employer who are committed to help you grow then there is also a possible position for you.