Head of Impact – Education Research & Policy
4 days left
- Full Time
New opportunity not to be missed. NFER is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Head of Impact – Education Research & Policy to join the team based in Slough. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £50,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
Want a career that impacts on the education of children?
The Impact Team was created to lead new ways of working that increase NFER’s impact on policy and practice. The role of Head of Impact – Education Research & Policy provides a unique opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading education researchers to ensure that evidence plays a key role in education policy and practice.
As the Head of Impact – Education Research & Policy you’ll be a senior member of the Sales, Marketing and Impact team. You will be the lead in identifying pioneering research projects that influence and shape policy and best practice within education. You will assess the impact NFER are having on external stakeholders ensuring its knowledge and evidence based research influences debates and shapes the future of education within the UK and Internationally.
As the Head of Impact – Education Research & Policy you will:
- Lead a highly engaged team working with a range of internal and external partners to increase NFER’s impact on policy and practice
- Identify and engage with the important debates, potential policies and initiatives that are relevant to NFER
- Work with the wider network across the Foundation, in order to deliver high-impact research projects that are aligned with NFER’s strategic priorities
A graduate or with equivalent experience, the successful candidate will be:
- Highly research literate with a strong understanding of current issues in education policy and practice
- A creative, strategic thinker able to lead thinking and people
- Experienced in managing diverse teams
- Outward focused and outward reaching
- Diplomatic, collaborative, engaging and able to build effective working relationships, both internally and externally with key stakeholders
- A strong confident communicator
About the NFER
NFER is the UK’s largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education, training and children’s services. We make a difference to learners of all ages, especially to the lives of children and young people, by ensuring our work improves the practice and understanding of those who work with and for learners. We undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services. We provide high quality, evidence-based research for policy makers, managers and practitioners. Our unrivalled experience enables us to offer a wide range of services and information sites, making NFER a one-stop-shop for anyone interested in education and improving children’s lives.
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have a pleasant office environment and beautiful surroundings, 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays and additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Head of Impact – Education Research & Policy please click ‘Apply’ below.
Completed applications should be submitted by 9am Wednesday 21st March.
Interviews taking place 28th March .
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
The NFER is an equal opportunity employer, an Investor in People and a Registered Charity (No. 313392).