Job title: Managing Director
Responsible to: Board of Directors
Hours: Full time
Pay: Starting salary of £70,000 p.a. (subject to skills and experience).
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Managing Director to lead a successful and ambitious training provider operating throughout the East Midlands. A highly motivated leader responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of all Access Training’s contracts and services, in accordance with contractual, awarding bodies and Ofsted requirements.
To work effectively with Access Training’s Board of Directors in ensuring the business growth and strategic plan objectives are achieved in a timely manner. To maximise new business opportunities through external funding, partnership working and the development of new training services
- The Managing Director will provide vision and leadership and be responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of contracts.
- Along with the Board of Directors, you will ensure the strategic plan and objectives are achieved and new business opportunities are maximised through external funding, partnership working and the identification of new training services.
- You will lead on facilities management, resource planning and budget setting to promote a value for money ethos within the organisation.
- You will ensure that processes are in place to continually review performance through self assessment and continuous improvement action plans in preparation for Ofsted inspections.
Experience and Skills:
- Significant experience at senior management and leadership level with experience or knowledge in the field of education, training or similar.
- Financial and analytical skills and experience, demonstrating the ability to resource plan and interpret financial data
- Experience of managing robust performance and management frameworks through strong staff management and leadership skills.
- Procurement or contractual management experience.
- Commercial sales and partnership relationship management
- Strategic thinking and ability to implement new business plans successfully
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and within a changing environment
- Proactive, self-motivated and a strong team player
- Demonstrable experience of leading a senior team to increase new business
- Strong leadership and management skills which engender viability and growth
- Highly innovative
- A strong commitment to quality assurance and continuous improvement.
Closing date: 2 April 2018, 12 noon.