Goods in Supervisor
Job title: Goods in Supervisor.
Pay Rate: £19,000 to £23,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Benefits include: - Company pension, 20 days paid holiday + Stats, Free parking, Free refreshments, Staff discount, Company rewards programme.
Hours: Full time permanent, 07:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday (Lunch: 30 minutes) Saturday – As required
Our client is the U.K.’s leading independent supplier of Vauxhall spare parts. As part of our client’s expansion plans and forthcoming relocation, the company have created this new position; currently our client is seeking a highly motivated person to join their dynamic warehouse team.
You will have extensive warehouse experience and either already hold a Supervisor’s position or be a motivated individual looking for the next step in your career path.
Good communication skills are essential as you will liaise with other departments and suppliers, you must be hard working and be a team player.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Responsible for receiving of all deliveries
- Checking off deliveries to delivery notes and informing supervisor of any discrepancies
- Booking in stock
- Producing labels for parts
- Re-labelling and repacking stock
- Maintaining locations including tidying shelves and re-locating parts that have outgrown the existing location or no longer need as much space
- Allocating stock to outstanding orders
- Liaising with Goods out Supervisor
Other duties may include
- Picking orders accurately from invoices and sales orders and invoices
- Packing parcels / pallets from invoices – checking part numbers (the full number including and prefix or suffix) and quantities then using the correct packaging for the task including shrink wrap an banding for pallets
- Accurately labelling of parcels prior to despatch with courier
- General housekeeping including but not limited to, Sweeping up, emptying bins reporting damages to the warehouse manager
- Taking part in annual stock check
The ideal candidate:
- Ability to work as part of a team but must possess the drive to work on their own initiative
- Computer skills essential with the aptitude to learn new Windows based systems
- Numerate with good understanding of weights and measures
- Excellent time keeper
- Good communicator, you will liaise with other departments and suppliers
- Eye for detail
- Good use of lifting and handling techniques
- Fit and healthy as the job requires applicants to be active for long periods of the day
- Responsible with pride in your work
- Strong work ethic
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexible, (duties may be added to and/or developed as the business grows)
- Well spoken, good use of written English is essential
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.