Assistant Technincal Manager
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL MANAGER
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Technical Manager to join one of the most prestigious seafood companies in Grimsby.
To manage the technical systems required to meet and exceed our client's 3rd party audit standards, their customers standards, and those of the company's brands. To be responsible for supporting all customers that are not directly managed by the central technical account managers and provide additional customer support for the central account managers as well as deputise for the Technical Manager in times of absence.
This prestigious FMCG company, based in Grimsby over three sites, deal with chilled, coated and smoked goods and employ over 1000 (including agency) staff.
Key Responsibilities of Assistant Technical Manager
- Responsible for site risk assessments including HACCP and authenticity.
- To monitor routine QA/RMQA records, analytical results, and their trends.
- Supporting product development launches from 1st stages of NPD through process development to launch production for smaller customer accounts and in support of central account managers.
- To support external, third party and customer audits of the business.
- Writing internal QAS specifications.
- Develop and maintain technical and QA/RMQA training materials and support any additional production training
- Manage the operation of third party services including pest control, external calibration.
- To be part of the sites operations team working to manage and improve legality, safety, quality and efficiency.
- To provide weekend and bank holiday cover as required.
- To provide cover for site TM as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Food manufacturing degree or HND advantageous
- Qualified and experienced to audit to BRC and customer technical standards.
- Qualification in Intermediate HACCP
- Qualification in Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Excellent communication skills verbally, written and in multi-media formats, giving appropriate accurate clarity to meetings and presentations
- Experience of staff management and motivation
- Good knowledge of factory procedures, their use and implementation
- Detailed understanding of documentation systems and document controls
- Ability to manage risk and good judgement of when to escalate an issue of concern
- Understanding of food factory cleaning, hygiene and associated implications
- IT skills and abilities
- Time management for staff and self to deliver efficiencies and results
Company benefits include 25 days annual leave, plus BH's, Company Pension Scheme and Web Site shopping discounts.