Community Sports Coach
Colchester United's Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
The role as our Community Sport Coach offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Delivery of high quality sports activities within Colchester United Football in the Community
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support in the delivery of the CUFITC Sports activities
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To liaise with parents/carers when appropriate
- To support with CUFITC administration as required
- To liaise with Schools concerning CUFITC day to day operation
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications
- To undertake appropriate training
- Level 2 NGB award
- FA Youth Modules
- Multi-Skills Training
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- Member of the FA licences club
- PFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- FA Youth Module 3
- One other national governing body qualification
- Futsal Level 1
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills. Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes. Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils. Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Number of Hours:
40 hours per week
GBP16,000 OTE GBP17,000 - A company vehicle and business mobile phoneare also included