Assistant Project Manager (Birmingham Interchange Station)
Job Reference: 34432
Skillset: Construction Management
Closing Date: 18/03/2018
As the Assistant Project Manager - Area North Stations you will play an important role in supporting the delivery of the project lifecycle requirements, and in particular those in Area North Interchange Station (N3) project. It is an exciting time to join the HS2 programme and enhance your project management skills and expertise in a professionally stimulating environment on the client side.
About the role:
- Assist the Project Manager in delivery of the project requirements as specified in the Programme Requirements Specification in accordance with CDM regulations.
- Project manage certain elements of the project under the guidance of a Project Manager, adhering to the project lifecycle requirements in terms of schedule and cost.
- Assist in identifying, assessing and managing risk, making sure these risks are entered into the risk register and actively managed.
- Assist the Project Manager in maintaining a Project Document Register on eB, using the agreed generic project document control structure.
- Comply with management requirements and applying best construction and project management practice.
- Assist in ensuring statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Encourage and assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement and knowledge management.
- Investigate and research best practice in construction and project management, highlighting opportunities to the Project Manager.
- A practical understanding of project management techniques and their implementation in a commercial environment and construction procurement;
- Understanding and exposure to construction / infrastructure projects, including railway stations and people mover technology;
- Proven communication skills including track record of presentations and reporting across various stakeholder levels;
- Commercially orientated, with ability to analyse options and make commercially viable recommendations within a project management environment;
- Ability to use MS Office products including MS Project;
- Graduate or equivalent HND, ideally in engineering.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.