Donor Loyalty Officer
We've got big aspirations; we want to grow our fundraised income from GBP80m to GBP130m by 2025. To deliver this ambition we are investing in the Individual Giving Fundraising team with the creation of this brand new role.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we'll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust's biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis. There are approximately 700 staff from across the Trust's directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards.Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
You will play a crucial role in ensuring the continued support and life time value of existing National Trust donors giving up to GBP5,000 pa. Working in collaboration with our in-house marketing agency, you will focus on developing and implementing effective supporter journeys across the Individual Giving team as well as delivering stewardship and cultivation communications, to inspire donors and generate significant income. In particular, you will lead on developing the cash appeals programme across Low-level and Mid-level giving, responsible for generating GBP1million in income and delivering a sustainable, effective and innovative approach to growing value from existing donors. Across all of this work you will also identify new ways to cross sell legacy giving to our core donor base. Using your excellent people skills you will collaborate with internal stakeholders across the Trust to gather inspiring content and relevant project updates for all of our communications. You will be a skilled relationship manager, comfortable and confident in building relationships with National Trust supporters and inspiring them to continue to support us.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to be well-versed in devising and implementing donor journeys which contribute to fundraising income targets. You will also need:
- Demonstrable knowledge of individual giving fundraising
- Experience of stewarding and cultivating relationships with supporters
- Experience of developing systems and processes to deliver activity efficiently and to monitor and report on its effectiveness
- Demonstrable and significant experience of contributing to the delivery of effective communication materials
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking