Autism Support worker
Are you trained or do you have experience and driven to help children with autism? Are you confident in providing support and help to children with autism to be the best they can? Should that be the case this job is perfect for you.
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN TRAINED IN DEALING WITH AUTISM OR HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH DEALING WITH AUTISM
We have a fantastic opening which may suit your needs. Our client has exciting opportunities for support worker experienced with autism, our client are on a mission to provide help and support for children who find they are struggling to adjust living independently.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours for regular days and times
- Fantastic rates of pay
- Contract of employment
- Opportunities close to home, plus many opportunities for career progression
- Continuous professional development based on opportunities to work in specialist areas of social care
- To contribute to the normal development of children with autism through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate activities and a consistent caring adult role model.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual, taking account of race, language, religion, sexuality and culture.
- To talk and listen, monitoring their behaviour and recording significant features.
- To promote working in partnership with parents, carers, social workers and any other appropriate persons important to that young person.
- Support workers would require NVQ 2/ QCF (Caring for Children with autism) OR equivalent (minimum of 1 years experience in a children home.)
- To provide 5 consecutive years worth of referencing
The Ideal Candidate
You must have:
- The right to work in the UK
- A good level of English, both written and spoken
- A caring nature and desire make a difference to someone's life
- NVQ with 6 months experience or 1 year experience in children home
- DBS on update service
We welcome your interest in joining the team and look forward to viewing your application.