Practice Administrator - Maternity Cover
DK-Architects is an award-winning architectural practice based in Liverpool city centre. We are a friendly and forward-looking office of around 20 staff, with a varied workload of projects.
We are looking for a Practice Administrator for maternity cover of up to one year. We may consider a part time arrangement at a pro rata salary, with regular hours/days to be agreed.
- Providing a polite and professional reception service for the practice, including answering the telephone, greeting visitors and making drinks for meetings.
- Scanning and filing documents as part of the process of archiving hard copy files.
- Maintaining staff records including personal details, sickness, holidays etc.
- Helping to prepare information for audit.
- Carrying out fire safety checks and fire alarm tests.
- Taking minutes for office meetings.
- Processing incoming emails, post and deliveries.
- Processing outgoing post.
- Carrying out correspondence (letters, emails, phone calls) when necessary on behalf of the practice.
- Ensuring stocks of office supplies.
- Assisting the Directors, Practice Manager and other staff with other project or practice-related tasks such as preparing documents.
The post holder will report to the Practice Manager on a day-to-day basis and ultimately to the Directors.
We are looking for a team player with excellent organisational and communication skills, who is able to work calmly and efficiently, and to deadlines when necessary. Previous office experience is not essential, but they should have a professional manner, including the ability to deal with confidential information, should be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and be willing to undergo training in other areas if required.
The practice has a supportive environment, offers a good work, social and life balance and is committed to equality of opportunity.
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering email to Jo by clicking on the apply button.