Subject Coordinator - 2018 Summer FTC
General Qualifications Assessment
Subject Coordinator -2018 Summer Fixed Term Contracts
Contracts are from Monday 16 April until Friday 28 September
Please note you must be available for the assessment centre which will be held on Monday 19 March.
What will this role involve?
As a seasonal Subject Coordinator you will have responsibility for supporting the delivery of our secure assessment outcomes (eg GCSE/A Level exams and results). You will help ensure that these are of the highest quality and delivered on time, on budget and to the required standard. You will be with us for our peak 5 months of the year.
What will I be doing?
- 35% of your time will be spent communicating with examiners, teachers, exams officers, etc
- 35% ensuring examination results are accurate and delivered on time
- 20% setting up and supporting meetings
- 10% updating and reporting management information and data.
What are you looking for?
You will have the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload and are willing to learn.
Where are you based?
We are on the doorstep of Covent Garden at 190 High Holborn, London.
What does Pearson stand for?
Pearson is a global education company that enables people to make more of their lives through learning. At Pearson, we create tools that provide opportunities for learners at every stage of their journey.
What does General Qualifications Assessment stand for?
Our strength comes from our outstanding people. Our mission is to enable every learner to achieve the best they are capable of by carrying out our role in a professional and decent manner.
What are the next steps?
The closing date for this role is Sunday 11 March
Core competencies - managing others:
- Provide a customer focused service
- Communicating with influence
- Working with others to achieve goals
- Delivering goals in a changing environment
- Taking creative and innovative approach to work
- Maximising potential in self and others
Education, qualification & training:
Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of a customer-facing role.
- Experience of a co-ordination or administrative role.
- Proven previous experience of project or process management
Personal style & behaviour:
The position would suit a highly motivated self starter who would like to pursue a career within a large dynamic organisation. There is a clear development plan in place for Subject Co-ordinators to progress to other roles within the team.
The role will suit a proactive individual with excellent attention to detail as well as organisational skills. The post holder will need to be PC computer literate and able to work to tight deadlines with the ability to work under pressure and be flexible in their approach to problem solving. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate at all levels are essential.
Pearson Leadership Profile
- Leading Self / Leading Others / Leading the Business:
- Always Learning
- Customer Focussed
- Strategic & visionary
- Relationship builder
- Makes it happen