There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Join us as a Senior Technician within our workshops based at Sheffield Ford and you will receive first class training and development as well as an extremely competitive salary. Here at Sheffield Ford we pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering the highest quality of service to all of our customers, and with ambitious plans for the future; we are looking for people who are passionate, driven and responsible to join our team.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out motor vehicle servicing and repairs to approved standards as well as delivering unbeatable customer service every time.
- Carry out diagnosis and undertaking a wide range of servicing and repair work on customer vehicles
- Work as part of a successful team to deliver excellence in customer service
- Ensuring effective use of technical knowledge and skills enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of customer vehicles.
- Building and long lasting and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Actively supporting company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Analysing work orders carefully to understand a vehicle's condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
Key Experience and Skills:
A strong understanding of automotive systems and functionalities is essentialThe ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer serviceDemonstrates an honest and diligent approach to work.Has a flexible approach to time-keeping when completing jobs in order to achieve customer satisfaction.Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details.A full and valid UK Driving Licence
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.