Director, Product Management
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Agile Central, formerly Rally, is creating a cutting-edge, scalable SaaS product to help customers speed up value delivery, align development with their portfolio's highest priorities, and make responsiveness the backbone of their business through agile methodologies.
If you are the right fit for joining our product tribe, you will work among talented product managers, product owners, engineers, and designers in a fast-paced, collaborative, technology environment where we have plenty of fun along the way. The role demands great people skills, intuition, facilitation, mentorship, product judgment, a willingness to let others lead, and a mentality of delivering a continuous stream of value in increments to our customers.
As one of the Directors of Product Management, you will shape the future direction of our products. You will lead, coach and manage a product management team, whose job it is to translate the overall product vision and strategy into a roadmap that the business is willing to fund, and R&D is capable of delivering.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading and mentoring the product management team to shape the future direction of our products
- Providing mentorship and career guidance to the product management team
- Collaborating with product leadership across the business unit to develop and improve our product management craft
- Evangelizing the vision and strategy for the future of our product
- Collaborating to build and present customer facing roadmap to create customer rapport and confidence in product direction
- Communicating vision, strategy, and roadmaps to executives, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring the full value stream is meaningfully connected and functions seamlessly; from marketing, to sales, to services and 3rd party partnerships
- Collaborating with Architecture, Engineering, and UX leadership to lead funding, prioritization and roadmap decisions
- Working with system architects to understand architectural work and establish capacity allocation for architecture
- Leading the quarterly planning process for feature definition and commitment
- Preparing and presenting customer and conference talks to build customer rapport, and confidence in product direction
- Creating customer empathy and market intelligence across R&D
- Taking a lead role in maintaining a healthy and continuously improving R&D organization focused on achieving meaningful outcomes
- Facilitating strategic conversations between our product and executive leadership teams
- Traveling to meet with customers, analysts, internal stakeholders and prospects
- Instilling an intense focus on customer problems in our product management team and the entire R&D organization
Here Are the Kinds of Skills We Are Looking For:
- Rabidly interested in the changing world of application lifecycle management and product development tools. Your business acuity is sharpened, and you spend time engaging with the market analysis, developing informed opinions and analysis to educate and guide our organization.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a product leader delivering highly-successful software products; a plus if some of that experience is SaaS-specific!
- Stellar people abilities. You understand people and unify them behind common goals. You know how to ask more from your team and bring out the best in those around you.
- A driver personality. Biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grit and determination. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Agile and changing the way people work and collaborate across the enterprise.
- A never-ending desire to grow, learn, and lead.
- Servant Leader. You help your team by removing their barriers and share the stage to help them reach their professional and personal goals.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver