Compliance Manager – Europe
Up to 90k plus benefits
UK Based - Derby
The mission of the STERIS Global Compliance function is to implement repeatable and sustainable processes to ensure on-going compliance with worldwide regulations and standards and to ensure ethical business conduct is practiced within each business process by STERIS employees and each of its business partners.
The compliance activities require close work with STERIS staff, Customers, suppliers, business partners, and government agencies. The Compliance Manager-Europe will have responsibility for the functional areas described below.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess training materials (both internally developed and outsourced e-learning modules), train, and promote awareness and maintain compliance to the anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws that govern our commercial activity globally.
- Represents STERIS with supervisory authorities throughout Europe toward compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and acts as the initial contact point at outset of resolving data protection matters brought by European data subjects (requestors).
- Assists in monitoring internal compliance with the GDPR.
- Ensures stakeholders, including data processors and sub-processors, are informed of their data-privacy obligations.
- Engages with the STERIS supply chain to ensure that labour practices throughout the entity are transparent, free of coercion, and meet global legal and ethical standards; this activity will include reporting and auditing to comply with the UK Labour Standards Assurance System.
- Supports internal processes to comply with supply chain transparency measures and including US Conflict Minerals, and anti-human trafficking and modern slavery measures.
- Helps to promote the STERIS Code of Business Conduct in a creative and engaging manner for the STERIS employees based in Europe.
- Supports internal investigations brought to STERIS via the Integrity Helpline to evaluate claims, determine if the STERIS Code of Business Conduct has been violated, and form a constructive response and recommendation to management.
- Prepare analysis, maintain measurables, and provide information in support of STERIS’s sustainability initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) regulation for business activity in Europe.
- Serves in a leadership role for privacy compliance and other compliance activities for the company’s franchise in Europe.
- Acts as regional lead for compliance training, reporting, monitoring and investigating to ensure that STERIS Code of Business Conduct is adhered to by employees in Europe.
- Handles miscellaneous issues and matters as required by the Vice President, Global Compliance, sometimes unrelated to Data Protection obligations.
- Excellent academic credentials – bachelor degree in one of several relevant fields.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Bilingual skills are preferred.
- Five to seven years relevant working experience and proven track record coordinating and executing on compliance and data protection strategies.
- Strong operational change background.
- Experienced in working effectively on cross-functional teams; able to lead cross-functional teams when required.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple high priority responsibilities on-time and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels within the STERIS organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action; able to work effectively and professionally with external people including Customers, commercial business partners and government officials.