Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. By helping them along their journey of discovery and inspiration, we aim to cultivate a lifelong love of learning that enables them to enjoy a robust and fulfilling life whether that's through employment or simply the ongoing joy of learning. With a rich heritage that combines 50 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose.
We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
We are Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable.
Why we need you:
The Talent Advisor is responsible for managing all aspects of the recruiting function by partnering with stakeholders to develop and implement an effective sourcing, screening and selection process. You will be part of a global Talent Acquisition team and focus on using creative sourcing strategies to source talent. This position reports to the Director, Talent Acquisition for Core markets.
We need you to collaborate with the Senior Leadership team and HR business partners to understand hiring needs and future requirements. You will promote effective use of recruitment tools, and adhere to processes and systems that feed into the Global TA function and market roles internally and externally including via social media and other direct sourcing channels.
What we need you to do:
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop recruitment strategies for critical roles across Core UK Businesses
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs
- Focus on continuous improvements to increase hiring process efficiency
- Stay connected with external market factors as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting.
- Use feedback from candidates and Hiring Managers to improve processes
- Guide and educate Hiring Managers on process, policies and programs
- Drive technology applications (ATS, on boarding etc.) to improve process efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery
- Maintain data, and report on all hiring activity and metrics across the region
- Support, plan and actively advocate Pearson's diversity goals and initiatives
- Manage relationships with vendors and partners
- Provide an excellent candidate experience
- Project manage key initiatives that impact the overall recruitment strategy
- Proven history of full-lifecycle recruiting - identifying, evaluating and hiring high calibre talent
- Experience with recruitment in a large enterprise organisation
- Extensive experience recruiting a variety of positions
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to influence business partners and key decision makers across the organisation
- Understand the importance of candidate experience and able to operate with a customer focused mindset at all times
- Ability to think creatively and design innovative sourcing campaigns
- Strong business acumen, analytical and planning skills with a genuine desire to understand the way digital technology is impacting education
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong proficiency with all technologies - ATS, MS Office, Social, Web, Google
Brave: Takes bold and decisive action to deliver ambitious outcomes, and champions a culture of high performance.
Decent: Listens, encourages and respects difference; treats all people fairly, with honesty and transparency.
Imaginative: Looks beyond their immediate job both inside and outside of Pearson and introduces new ways of thinking and working.
Accountable: Gets results by owning the solution, getting the right people involved and delivering on promises.