Community Engagement Manager - Area South
As a Community Engagement Manager at HS2 you will act as the front face of the organisation, developing and deepening relationships with stakeholders such as, Local Authorities, MPs and local representative groups and individuals within communities that may be impacted by the construction programme.
About the role:
- To develop and maintain an overview and relationship with the communities along the route, identifying their key issues, and with accountability for responding efficiently to enquiries and considerations
- Provide advice and support to senior members of HS2 and their contractors in regards to their engagement with external audiences as required, ensuring information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- Develop effective working relationships with contractors' ensuring they understand HS2's commitments, behaviour expectations, and metrics by which they will be measured.
- Provide reports as required to both internal and external stakeholders, including community feedback on HS2 success measures and contractors KPIs.
- Experience of working within communities, delivering a strategy and managing the delivery of engagement activities in the public and private sectors
- Demonstrable experience of implementing innovative solutions in community engagement and response across a diverse and challenging environment
- Ability to develop challenging relationships and build trust amongst stakeholders and communities exercising diplomacy at every stage
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to interpret and respond to changing landscapes and understand and communicate complex issues with clarity.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.