Employment Support Worker - Milton Keynes College
Do you have a background in supporting people into employment? Are you passionate about supporting people with their career development?
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Workability MK team at Milton Keynes College. This is an ideal position for anyone with experience in helping people get back into employment, you will enjoy being a team player who is people centred and driven by supporting others.
As an Employment Support Worker, you will provide adults who are actively seeking work; impartial Information, Advice and Guidance along with practical support to develop their confidence, employability and ICT skills as required.
Hours: 16 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Salary: GBP16,535 - GBP20,249 per annum FTE
Closing date: Monday 19th March 2018
Location: Community venues throughout Milton Keynes
Interview date: TBC
More about the rewards
- 25 days annual leave pro rata, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more???
As a successful candidate, you will have???
- A qualification in Information, Advice & Guidance (or relevant experience)
- GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English at Grade C or above (or working at that level)
- An accurate and effective ICT skills using MS Office.
- Previous experience of supporting people to realise their potential
- Have clear written and oral communication skills, personal warmth and sensitivity in order to encourage others.
- Be motivated and flexible and able to respond to changing priorities.
- Own transport and be willing to travel to community venues within Milton Keynes as this will be essential to the role
- Be able to work a range of shifts between 9.30am - 8.00pm, Mon- Fri
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.