Director - Head of Collateral Operations Advisory
As my client progresses towards Target State, a number of re-organisations, re-structures, regional re-alignments have taken place. This, alongside a programme of technological re-design has led to a new position being created in Collateral Operations within the Advisory team.
The role will involve working closely with both the Head of Documentation Operations and Advisory, other partners within this area, and a wide senior internal stakeholder network, including Front Office, Structuring, Credit, Legal/Documentation, On-boarding, Collateral Management, Customer management and assorted programmes to both identify and help facilitate strategic deliverables for the organisation within a strict internal risk and control framework.
The Role Will Have Several Key Responsibilities:
* Driving and implementing the collateral Advisory agenda for Collateral Operations.
* Driving and implementing the Documentation Codification and Support operating and control model.
* Driving a cost effective and operationally efficient process through continual improvement and alignment to strategy.
* Key stakeholder for UK/EMEA Business Heads and internal business forums.
* Key stakeholder on programme forums requiring documentation operations advisory oversight, input, and co-ordination.
* Driving stakeholder enablement and coordination for Documentation reviews pre-execution to support vanilla and structured negotiations.
* Driving documentation / implementation advisory across regulatory and business driven requirements.
* Oversight of documentation preferred terms and templates for operational purposes ?? Champion for positive customer experience.
* Key partner with Front Office to facilitate effective operational management of new business opportunities.
* Pre-execution advise on new trading or counterparty transactions and key considerations for operating models and key risks.
* Timely, effective and efficient delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives.
* Key relationships / stakeholders are Sales, FO, Ops, Credit, Legal.
Key Responsibilities for The Documentation Operations Department Include:
* The accurate and timely representation, control and maintenance of documentation static data in the golden source system.
* Supporting and driving the golden source platform efficiency and strategy for business, consumption and utilisation.
* Supporting, advising on and implementing programme initiatives to operationally support new documentation and regulatory agendas.
* Supporting Legal and Documentation negotiation teams in presenting and coordinating stakeholder preferences and approvals for Legal negotiations.
* Supporting delivery of the related documentation support and control strategy to support existing and future business.
* Operationally adhering to Regulations as well as adhering to the internal risk and control framework.
* In depth of understanding across the front to back trade support framework with awareness of trade lifecycle, margin operations, legal documentation and operating risk underpinning the FCFO supported business lines (predominantly OTC Derivatives and Secured Financing/Securities Lending) across both bilateral and cleared transaction space.
* Strong, well respected leader with a thorough understanding of market agendas in the regulatory and product space.
* Thorough understanding of global margin regulations and impact on documentation, operations and global market.
* Thorough in depth knowledge of underlying legal agreements to support OTC Derivative, Cleared/Non-Cleared, Secured Financing, Repo trading.
* Thorough understanding of considerations for structured or Special Purpose Vehicle support and documentation models.
* Thorough understanding of operating frameworks, key stakeholder dependencies and key impact risks in supporting Cleared and non-Cleared OTC, Repo and SF trading.
* Strong business knowledge foundations across collateral and documentation operations
* Strong approach and alignment to operational risk and control management frameworks
* Understanding of counterparty credit risk mitigation considerations.
* Strong understanding of both commercial, business, risk and operational considerations in collective decision making.
* Strong Customer understanding and focus.
* Strong senior stakeholder management skills across businesses and departments front to back.
* Responsive and positive reaction to change.
* Track and provide continual process improvement.
* Able to present complex issues and solutions to mixed audiences and where necessary resolving conflicts and complexity by delivering practical solutions.
* Form and maintain key relationships of mutual respect and trust which fosters a climate of collaboration, both internally and externally.